The Philanthropy Committee is charged with acting as Liaison with our selected charities which carries a two-fold mission: member scheduling to provide hands-on service to the community and facilitate the many requests for volunteer labor and financial support.
- Organize all volunteer efforts with our selected charities (excluding Safety Town)
- Communicate with our selected charities about their needs
- Provide reports on volunteer efforts, updates on progress and new projects
- Examples of projects include ademic scholarship program for graduating high school seniors, Thanksgiving dinner for seniors at Martin Ave. apartments, food drive for Loaves & Fishes
HospitalityThe Hospitality Committee assists with all meeting logistics, food planning and member socials.
- Plan and secure meeting locations, food and drink for monthly member meetings and new member meetings
- Assist Safety Town Commission with arranging lunch and snacks for Safety Town events including summer program and trick-or-treat events
- Plan and oversee annual installation banquet
- Organize member holiday party
- Organize meal trains and support teams for Daisies and Dandelions
Safety TownThe Safety Town Committee is focused on providing high levels of support, service and communication for a variety of programs that benefit Safety Town to ensure our children and members of our community experience positive outcome.
- Assist the Chairperson of Safety Town Summer Program to ensure appropriate resources for all shifts are covered and plan for emergency situations
- Oversee Coin Drive during Safety Town Summer Program to ensure volunteers are communicating to the families about the coin drive, and work toward meeting donation goals
- Assist the Safety Town Commission in planning and organizing Family Night for NJWC families including overseeing invitations, food, entertainment, RSVPs, etc.
- Assist with other Chairpeople as necessary for other events that occur at Safety Town
Ways and MeansThe Ways and Means Committee is responsible for all fundraising efforts which allow us to implement our projects and provide financial support to our selected charities and other non-profit organizations.
- Responsible for donation solicitation for silent auction and raffle prizes to ensure quality gifts and prizes attract and engage guests
- Manage and oversee all fundraising efforts to meet event's revenue goals to the best of their ability
- Provide/secure Chairpeople for important fundraising events such as Fashion Show, Ladies Night Out, Mardi Gras
- Develop relationships with key partners who can assist with fundraising efforts on ongoing basis